- We support continued county and regional efforts to establish a coordinated regional system of rapid and other mass transit geared to public need.
- We support feeder services to transfer points of regional mass transit systems.
- We support of a variety of funding sources for both capital and operating costs to finance mass transit, including sales tax, gasoline tax, federal and state funds, fares, and vehicle fees.
- We support efforts to provide local transportation systems in San Mateo County which should tie in with neighboring systems and regional transportation.
- Efforts should consider all aspects of transit such as buses, jitneys, car and van pools, and parking facilities. Areas with greatest transportation needs and areas causing the greatest pollution should be serviced first, with expansion to other areas as financially feasible.
(1972, revised 1985, 1998, 2008)