Is your community group looking for objective information about ballot measures that will appear in the upcoming election?
Trained League representatives are eager to speak to civic groups, churches, companies, neighborhood associations, and other groups. Presentations are unbiased and present opposing points of view on issues; they are designed to give voters the information they need to make up their own minds.
- Approximately one hour is needed for our speaker to make a presentation and answer questions.
- Speakers are available to visit your group up to five weeks before election day. Speakers are generally available either daytime or evening, either weekday or weekend.
- Any group of 12 or more may take advantage of this service. If your group is smaller, you are welcome to attend a presentation to another group.
- Presentations can be tailored for first-time voters.
- Contributions to the League's tax-deductible Education Fund to help defray the cost of providing this election service are welcome but not required.
Send an e-mail to Sue Alvarez, our League Speakers Bureau Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
, if you would like to schedule a presentation. Please include the following information in your email:
- Name of your organization
- Meeting location
- Preferred meeting date, start time, and amount of time allotted for our talk
- Contact name, phone, and e-mail
- Estimated size of audience
- Anything we should know about the composition of the group (to help us tailor our talk to your needs)
- Comments or special requests