As part of our ongoing non-partisan mission to educate voters on issues and candidates, the LWVSSMC
organizes and hosts candidate forums.
Candidate forums are conducted for contested elections for:
- city councils
- school districts
- special district offices
These forums are an excellent opportunity to meet the candidates and become familiar with the issues in upcoming elections.
In organizing the forum, the League:
- invites all candidates to participate
- coordinates with the local community to determine date and site
- promotes community participation through public announcements
- partners with local community organizations to co-host the forum
- provides an impartial LWV moderator
- provides LWV volunteers to facilitate questions from the audience
- provides video taping of the forum to be viewed on public access television
If you would like to request a candidate forum for your community, please contact the League at firstname.lastname@example.org